About your PhD Coach:
Dr. Andrea Szameitat
Dr. Andrea Szameitat, née Reupold is Phd Coach & Consultant and supports graduates in finishing their thesis work.
Born in Munich, she studied Education, Psychology and intercultural Communication at the Ludwig-Maximilians University in Munich and at the University of Twente in the Netherlands.
She started her international research career early during her university studies as freelance research associate. Later on she worked as a researcher, supervisor and lecturer in academia.
During these times, she realized that at the heart of a successfully & efficiently finished PhD degree lies highly personal and individualized support.
Her coachees especially value the profound know-how, the empathic communication style and the research experience in international educational research that she brings into the coaching.
The mother of two knows about the challenges of international graduates. Her coachees are cared for from scratch to defense. Based on her expertise she helps graduates to gain their Phd title.
She is lecturing at the Ludwig-Maximilians University in Munich in the „learning siences“ and passes on her professional knowledge as speaker at events, congresses and international universities.
She loves travelling, meeting people from other cultures and spends her spare time in nature.
An active PhD-Coach since 2009, she lives with her husband and their children close to Munich.
- Dissertation „summa cum laude“, LMU Munich
- Different teaching assignments „learning siences“, communication training, LMU Munich
- Certified MBTI-Practitioner (Myers-Briggs-Type-Indicator), A-M-T Management Performance AG
- Solutionfocued Coaching, Institut für Bildungscoaching, Munich
- Profi-Lehre, LMU Munich (internal development program for academics)
- Qualified Stress-Management Trainer
Selection of Talks and Research Activities:
- Presentation about research results: the Learning Regions Project, University of Limerick, Ireland
- Presentation research results: Validation of Informal Learning Outcomes, European Commission, Brussels
- Presentation on School Drop-out and completion, Venice Italy
- Research results on the measurement of informal Learning, OEDC, HQ, Paris, France
- Research project, University of Melbourne, Australia
She is fantastic at explaining things plain and simple so that it was easy for me to put into practice what I had learned in our coaching sessions. I can absolutely recommend Andrea’s service – I loved how she closely observed my very individual situation, always listened carefully and helped me find time, resources and the motivation to successfully finish my PhD.